Politics Edo 2016: APC Candidate, Obaseki Reacts to Omission of Name From INEC List

kemi

Social Member
A former Managing Director of Daar Communications, Don Pedro Obaseki has reacted to his omission from the 19-man list of contestants for the Forthcoming gubernatorial election in Edo state.

obaseki.jpg

In a telephone chat The Nation correspondent, Obaseki said he was not aware of the suit baring him until INEC was served the injunctions granted by the court.

The ex- Daar Communications chief said he could not get a counter order because courts have gone on recess till September.

He stated that the party has started searching for a vacation judge that would hear the defendants’ argument and vacate the order.

He said, “Paid apologists have taken me and INEC to court and they got a court order to stop me from running. INEC in obedience to the court order has not published my name.

“Yet, I can’t get a counter-order as the courts have gone on recess till September. Is this fair? Is this the fate of our state? Who is afraid of an ordinary man who dares to dream?”

Source: The Nation

Back