Metro Education Minister, Perm Secretary Disagree Over 300% Hike in Unity Schools Fees

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Education Minister, Adamu Adamu and the Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Folashade Yemi-Esan over hiking the school fees of unity schools from N20,000 to N75,000.

The National Parents and Teachers Association of Federal Government Colleges recently raised alarm over the hike.

However, Mr. Adamu said he wasn't aware of the incident.

”I am the Minister of Education and I am not aware,” he said, adding that he didn't authorize the increment.

Mrs. Folashade Yemi-Esan on her part said the fees were increased, but not up to N75,000 as claimed by the parents.

”Yes the school fees of federal government colleges have been increased but not 300 per cent as claimed,” she said. ”You are aware of the realities in the country; it is important for the colleges to be able to maintain the students that are there and you must also be aware that these schools are tuition free.

”So, what has been increased is the boarding fees; I do not have the figures but it is not N75, 000.

”It is a list and when you check the breakdown, it is not up to 30 per cent," she said.

Attachments

• adamu adamu.jpg
    adamu adamu.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 15
Back