• FOR SALE: One bedroom executive flat, Lagos, Nigeria | Get details]

Metro Ekiti: 15-year Old Boy Electrocuted to Death While Playing Music on Phone


Vunderkind

Social Member
In the Okesa area of Ado-Ekiti, a family is crying over the untimely loss of their 15-year old boy who died in a freak accident involving his mobile phone, his earpiece and a power outlet.

The SUN has the story:

On that day, Junior suddenly shouted for help, jolting his elder brother, Chibuzor, into action. Junior had an electric shock while listening to music on his mobile phone through the earpiece, as the handset was plugged into the wall socket, charging.After raising the alarm, Junior’s elder brother was said to have looked for a long stick with which he could remove the earpiece from Junior’s ears. It was gathered that when he could not have the earpiece removed, Chibuzor also raised the alarm and that alerted other people, who promptly swung into action to rescue Junior.The mobile phone was eventually removed from the power socket and Junior was rushed to a nearby hospital in the area, in a frantic effort to save his life. Unfortunately, the boy passed on just before the rescue team stepped into the hospital.


Narrating the ugly incident to the reporter at their two-room apartment in the area, Mama Chibuzor, who could not control her emotions, said: “Junior had assisted me in cooking some rice for sale in my stand at Okesa market before I left home. But it was hardly two hours after I left that someone came running to me that Junior had been electrocuted. I immediately rushed to the scene and met people making frantic efforts to rescue him.

“We eventually removed the earpiece from his ears, unplugged the handset from the power socket and rushed him to the hospital. But he died just as we were about stepping into the hospital.

Click here to read more

Source: #DailySun
 

Attachments

  • graveside-2-702x336.jpg
    graveside-2-702x336.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 37
Top