Politics Ekiti 2014: Capt Olubolade Declares Support for Fayose

A

abujagirl

Former Minister of Police Affairs, retired Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, on Sunday declared support for the candidature of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP flag bearer in Ekiti, Mr Ayo Fayose.

Olubolade, who played host to the PDP candidate at a campaign rally in Ipoti-Ekiti, Ijero Local Government Area of the state, said he was not a desperate politician.

The former minister, who resigned his appointment to contest the June 21 gubernatorial election in the state, said his failure to pick the ticket was an act of God.

"I am not a desperate person; I have no regrets for my actions, my future is in God's hands and my future is always bright. I decided to forget the past and work for the party’s candidate as a mark of respect to President Goodluck Jonathan and for the overall interest of the party.

"Fayose is a good material for the election; he is an acknowledged grass roots politician with ability to deliver the state to the party. I am therefore ready to deploy all resources to ensure that, come June 21, our party takes over the reign in the state,” he said.

Responding, Fayose thanked the former minister for his spirit of sportsmanship and pledged not to let him down.

Ayo fayose.jpg

Back