Politics Ekiti 2014: 'My Govt will be Run by Everyone'- Fayose

A

abujagirl

Ayo Fayose, the PDP candidate for June 21 governorship election in Ekiti, said he would run an all inclusive government if elected.

He made this known on Wednesday while speaking with newsmen at the PDP Headquarters in Abuja after a closed door meeting with some party officials.

The PDP candidate said he would put necessary measures in place to ensure rapid social-economic development of the state. He promised to be fair to aggrieved members of the party in the state if elected as the governor.

"We must be fair, we must be seen to be fair to everybody. I wish to allay their fears; my government will be run by everyone".

Fayose emphasized that being a governor was a rare privilege and he would therefore ensure he won the people's confidence and make everyone happy.

He said that he would keep on appealing to members of the party who were aggrieved in the state.

"Everybody has a motive for their action, but we don’t want to pre-empt anybody, but my responsibility is to pacify everybody in the name of the party, I have to do it. An aggrieved man of yesterday can become best of friends tomorrow and because of my past experience, the foes of yesterday are now friends of today,’’ Fayose said.

He, however, said that his running mate would come from the South Senatorial District of the state, adding that he had appealed to the party leadership to give him a free hand.

He said the person might not necessarily be a professor, a doctor or the best of politicians, but should be someone with a peaceful mind for the governor and people of Ekiti.

Fayose debunked the alleged attack on Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti by his supporters, adding that the allegation was not true.

He expressed optimism that he would win the state governorship election for the PDP, adding that there was no need for him to engage in violence to be victorious at the poll.

Also speaking to newsmen, Mr Adedayo Adeyeye, one of the 13 aspirants that contested the PDP ticket with Fayose, said that he had reconciled with him and had resolved to work with him.

This, he said, was in the interest of the state and its people.

The state party Chairman, Mr Makanjuola Ogundipe, said the party's reconciliation move in Ekiti was yielding fruit.

"We have left Egypt, we are on our way to Jerusalem, the promise land, and I am leading the party to Jerusalem,’’ he said.

Ayo fayose.jpg

Back