Politics Ekiti 2018: APC Will Be Defeated Again, Fayose Boasts

M

mrsam

Gov. Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has reacted to his being called out by a former governor of the state and a governorship aspirant in 2018, Chief Segun Oni, saying he was ready with his party to defeat Chief Oni or any other candidate presented by the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state.

Chief Oni, who was at the APC secretariat in the state to submit a letter of intention to contest the election, had said Fayose and the PDP were the enemies of the state and should be defeated.

Fayose, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, said he and his party, PDP “will use the APC, former Governor Oni or anyone presented by the APC in the 201‎8 governorship election in the state to set electoral records.”

Fayose expressed confidence the next year will be the third time he and PDP will defeat the APC and its candidate in governorship elections in the state.

While advising Oni to keep his gunpowder dry until he is able to secure the APC’s ticket, Fayose noted that t‎he APC and whoever it presents for the election would be no match for the PDP and its candidate.

“Defeating the APC in governorship elections is not new to me and my party. We defeated them in 2003 and recorded a landslide victory against them in 2014 when their candidate could not ‎even win his local government. The 2014 victory was very remarkable because Oni was part of a gang up of three former governors against me and my party and we won convincingly.

The governor added that even if a snap election was called, the APC and its candidate would be defeated by his party’s candidate.

Attachments

• fayose.jpg
    fayose.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 23
Back