Politics Ekiti 2018: Fayose Considers Kayode Oso To Succeed Him As Governor

P

ProfRem

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Tuesday named Kayode Oso as his possible successor, with the hope to seek God's consent before final announcement.

Oso, was Fayose’s commissioner for works, who resigned his appointment about two years ago on the grounds of ill-health.

fayo.jpeg

The governor gave the hint during a meeting on Monday at his Afao Ekiti residence with aspirants and leaders from Ikole, Ijero and Ise/Orun local government areas of the state, directing that about 23 members hitherto suspended from the party should be pardoned and reabsorbed into the party.

Fayose said: “If I were asked to pick a candidate to succeed me, I would have picked Kayode Oso straight off. But I have called him into the room and told him to allow me seek God’s consent concerning it. I have called my deputy, Prof. Kolapo Olusola, I have also called Bisi Omoyeni into the room and asked them to allow me seek God’s consent. Whoever God chooses, we will support among the aspirants.

“I have nothing against Prince Adedayo Adeyeye, I have great respect for him, from ministerial appointment to chairmanship at Ekiti State University and then his recommendation to the party at the national level.

I have always stood by him, I wouldn’t have done that for someone I don’t love, so mischief makers had better looked elsewhere to play their game".

Back