Politics Ekiti: Fayose Mounts Strong Defence In Preparation for Killer Herdsmen Attack

L

LequteMan

Governor Ayodele Fayose has encouraged Ekiti farmers to be more vigilant because he's been tipped that herdsmen have made their way to the state for an attack.

“I have received letters that the Bororos have entered our reserves; they want to violate our laws. I want to call the attention of the Federal Government that they have come and wanted to kill men, women and kids in Ekiti. We will not allow that to happen here in Ekiti", he said while addressing hunters in the state.

“I want you all, our hunters, to go back today to protect your people. Be vigilant, open your eyes and make sure that everybody entering the state is screened.

“No one in the guise of grazing should enter our land after 8 p.m. For our brothers who harbour criminals, tell them Ekiti is a no-go area. If your plan is to make this state ungovernable, you are wasting your time.

“I have called this meeting for everyone to be vigilant. I will begin to support you now to secure Ekiti. Don’t let them take you by surprise; don’t allow them to take Ekiti by storm.

“Go to the farms and keep vigil; don’t just entertain visitors who come in the night. Screen them. We don’t want visitors in our reserves at 8 p.m.”

Attachments

• fayose herdsmen.JPG
    fayose herdsmen.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
Back