Politics Ekiti:Fayose Says His Govt Won't Fund 19 New Local Councils,Won't Probe Fayemi

A

abujagirl

Ekiti state governor elect, Ayo Fayose, has said that he will not fund the newly created 19 Local Council Development Areas; Daily Trust reported.

A statement issued on behalf of the governor-elect by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi said, "I want the people of Ekiti State to understand that what Governor Fayemi has created are Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) and not local governments. Nobody can create local government areas in Nigeria without complying with the provisions of the 1999 constitution.

"I don’t think he has done anything bad, but as for me, in order not to breach the constitution, I will not allow the diversion of allocations meant for the 16 local government areas to the LCDAs. Allowing that is diversion and it is a breach of the constitution which I will swear to obey and uphold.

"There are 774 local government areas in Nigeria and their names are in the constitution including the 16 in Ekiti State. I am very certain that Ekiti people who elected me will not encourage me to breach the constitution.

On whether he would probe the outgoing government when he assumes office, Fayose said he would not waste time doing that.

"I am not going to probe the Fayemi administration. I want to act like a military officer taking over a command. My primary focus is how to put food on the tables of Ekiti people and my administration will be judged by that. I will make sure the entitlements of former governors in the state are given to them. I have come to transform Ekiti. I want to leave a legacy that the unborn generations will meet.

#Ekiti #Fayemi #Fayose

Ayo fayose.jpg

Back