Metro Ekiti: Husband Drags Wife to Court for Refusing to Cook for Him

L

LequteMan

Ebenezer Alegbeleye, an Ekiti state farmer on Wednesday pleaded with an Ikole Ekiti Magistrates’ Court to dissolve his 15-year-old marriage with Modupe because she refused to cook for him.

According to him, he's been cooking his meal for a while without any assistance from his wife.

“I will return from the farm, peel the yam, pound it and fetch drinking water myself, while my wife watches me do all that without assisting me,’’ he said.

He said he could not continue to stay under the same roof with the respondent, urging the court to separate the union.

He said he tried divorcing his wife three years ago but had a change of mind after family members intervened.

Modupe however, denied the allegation against her.

She told the court that her husband had prevented her from cooking for him after a misunderstanding some two months ago, adding that she was still interested in the union.

The president of the three-man panel, Mrs Yemisi Ojo, ruled that the plaintiff should allow for an amicable settlement on the grounds that the respondent was still committed to the union and had shown remorse.

She told the estranged couple to go back home to seek for an amicable settlement, saying the plaintiff should monitor the wife to ascertain if she had changed.

The case was adjourned till May 15 for report of settlement or continuation of hearing.

Attachments

• gavel2.jpg
    gavel2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
Back