Politics Ekiti: New Police Commissioner Speaks About Gov Fayose, Upcoming Gov Elections

L

LequteMan

The new Ekiti state police commissioner Ibrahim Chafe, has stated that he is not in the state to fight Governor Ayodele Fayose.

The governor had stated that Mr. Chafe was transferred to his state to antagonise him ahead of the state's upcoming governorship election, as he wasn't informed of the development.

Addressing newsmen on Tuesday, Chafe, who resumed office on Friday, said he isn't in the state to intimidate Fayose by any means.

He also corrected notions that he hails from Katsina State, stating that he is from Chafe in Tsafe LGA of Zamfara State.

“I am not under any instruction to come here to fight anybody,” Mr. Chafe said on Tuesday.

“Even when I was transferred, I did not even know that Ekiti election is coming soon, it was when I got here that I knew that election is coming here soon.

“I value my profession and personality above any other thing. Even if you check all the elections that had been conducted recently, President Buhari didn’t interfere in police works. So, I am here to perform my statutory duties.

“I am a Nigerian and wherever I go to, I see myself as part of that community and I can’t come here to cause trouble. I have worked in all the six geopolitical zones of the country and I have good records.

“I am old enough to form my own principles and these principles will surely guide me in the discharge of my duties,” he said.

Attachments

• fayose-4-696x456.png
    fayose-4-696x456.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 15
Back