Politics Ekiti: Why I Visited APC Chieftain, Segun Oni - Fayose

P

ProfRem

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has revealed why he paid a courtesy call on former governor of the state and Deputy National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Engr Segun Oni at his Ifaki Ekiti home.

A statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu Adelusi, quoted the governor as saying that the visit was not political as being held in some quarters.

The statement quoted the governor as saying that, "leadership comes first; Ekiti comes first and leadership is about sacrifice to make for the purpose of unity and development of his people. That is exactly what I am doing here.

onifayose.JPG

There is a difference between leadership and politics. To me, Ekiti comes first, every leader willing to make Ekiti first, I will visit him. I am the governor of the state and everybody is my subject.

"My visit to Segun Oni has nothing to do with politics. When it comes to how to move Ekiti forward, we must firstly remove our political garment."

Meanwhile, Oni who warmly welcomed the governor, said that he was overwhelmed with the visit which was brotherly.

"It is a brotherly visit, I am happy for that. It is a welcome development and good for Ekiti State. We are both leaders of the state," he added.

Back