Politics El-Rufai :What President Buhari Must Do As He Resumes Today

A

abujagirl

Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has dished out a piece of advice for President Muhammadu Buhari as he resumes work today.

nasir el-rufai2.jpg

In an interview with Channels TV, El-Rufai said, “Personally, I am very excited and very relieved that Mr President is back. Politically, of course, it raises Nigeria’s stability significantly and I’m sure (that) from Monday, you will see even how the markets will respond.

“For us in the APC and for many of us that are beneficiaries of Buhari’s political ascendance, this is a time of great happiness and gratitude to almighty God for bringing him back safely and well as well.

“I still believe that the President needs to be measured in his work hours. I would not want him to work between 12-18 hours a day as he used to. I think the traffic into his office and residence needs to be curtailed so that he would have more time to reflect.

“We have less than two years to deliver on most of our promises so I expect the President to refocus, make some administrative adjustments, (and) prioritise the three areas that he has always promised Nigerians.”

“We’ve been losing lots of cases in the courts. I think there is need to refocus work on that and bring back the anti-corruption war on track fully."

On diversifying the economy, he said: “The efforts to diversify the economy should continue in earnest – and, here, I believe the 36 state governments have a major role to play because Nigeria consists of 36 states and any improvement in the business environment must begin from the 36 states, not just Abuja.

Back