Politics Embargo On Buhari's Appointees Still in Effect- Senate President Saraki

L

LequteMan

According to Nigeria's Senate President, Bukola Saraki, the embargo placed on the confirmation of appointments made by President Muhammadu Buhari has not been lifted.

Saraki had read a letter from the President seeking the Senate’s approval for the 2017 budget estimates of the Niger Delta Development Commission.

Senator Mao Ohuabunwa of Imo state then observed that "two or three states are not represented on this board and this board has been inaugurated and has been functioning."

To which Saraki replied:

“I am happy that you made reference to the fact that we all here at the Senate passed a resolution on this matter. The issue you just raised, we will look at it to see if the exercise itself started before the resolution. I know this resolution, we took it in March – I could remember it was towards the end of March last year.

“So, the secretariat should check the records. If it had started before, we will look into it; but if it started after, unless that resolution is rescinded, we are all bound by that resolution.”

Attachments

• saraki bukola.jpg
    saraki bukola.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 6
Back