Metro Emir of Kastina Accused of Marrying Off Abducted Teenager to Kidnapper

A

abujagirl

The Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman has been accused of marrying off a fourteen year old girl, Habiba Isiyaku to a man who abducted her.

Emir-of-Katsina-Abdulmumini-Usman.jpg

THE NATION reports that the fourteen year old who according to her father, Mal. Isiyaku Tanko was kidnapped from school, Government Senior Secondary School, Kudun Kankara, Kastina State by one Jamilu Lawal, forcefully converted to Islam and married off by the Emir without her parents consent.

Her father who tried unsuccessfully to reclaim his daughter has enlisted the help of the Stefanos Foundation. Addressing a press conference in Abuja, the father said, ''My little girl was abducted on the 16th of August 2016 from her school. After my investigations, I discovered that Jamilu Lawal who lives in the same community was responsible for my daughters’ disappearance.

''I requested that a formal complaint about the incident be lodged to the Commissioner of Police in Kastina, Jamilu and his parents were summoned to the police station and he not only admitted to abducting my daughter Habiba but also revealed that she was presently being kept at the Palace of the Emir of Kastina.

''On arrival at the Palace, the Emir informed me that my daughter has been converted from Christianity to Islam henceforth, there is no longer any relationship between me and my daughter and we can no longer inherit each other. He further informed me that he has received the sum if N50, 000.00 as dowry from Jamilu Ibrahim for my daughter therefore, he will give her out in marriage in accordance with Islamic rites and injunctions.

“As at today, I am aware that the Emir of Kastina has gone ahead to marry out my little girl without my consent, having received a dowry he is not entitled to receive, it fills me with so much pain and grief to realize that my daughter, who will turn 15 this Saturday the 15th may be celebrating her birthday in a forced marriage.

“I appeal to all well-meaning Nigerians and those in authority to help join hands to see that my daughter is released to me though the violations already done to her person may be irreversible. I further appeal that the Incident be well investigated and diligently prosecuted.”

Habiba's case is not unique as months ago there was public outrage over the abduction and forceful marriage of Bayelsa Teenager Ese Oruru. A traditional ruler, the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sunusi II was linked with the Oruru case.

READ: My Role in Abducted of Ese Oruru - Emir Sanusi Speaks

the Emir informed me that my daughter has been converted from Christianity to Islam henceforth, there is no longer any relationship between me and my daughter and we can no longer inherit each other. He further informed me that he has received the sum if N50, 000.00 as dowry from Jamilu Ibrahim for my daughter therefore, he will give her out in marriage in accordance with Islamic rites and injunctions.

“As at today, I am aware that the Emir of Kastina has gone ahead to marry out my little girl without my consent, having received a dowry he is not entitled to receive, it fills me with so much pain and grief to realize that my daughter, who will turn 15 this Saturday the 15th may be celebrating her birthday in a forced marriage.

In a society, with Government, Kings and law.... and not Banana or Kalakuta Republic. This is bad. Well, we awaits the Emir's angle to the story.

As usual, because the Emir is involved, this might also be swept under the carpet like numerous of other cases.

Disgusting. What should worry Nigerians is that this is not an isolates case. Also they are simply exploiting the poor.

Back