Sports Emmanuel Emenike considering quitting the Super Eagles

Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike has revealed that he might walk away from the national team if he is not shown the respect that he deserves.

Emenike is reportedly at crossroads with Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi,with the pair said to now have a fractured relationship.

The Fenerbache striker was dropped from Nigeria's starting eleven in the game the Super Eagles lost to Congo in Calabar,although some reports claim that it was a disciplinary move for arriving late to camp.

Emenike last scored for Nigeria during the World Cup qualifiers against Ethiopia and has been firing blanks since then.

There are also reports that Emenike not only fell out with Keshi,he is equally not on good terms with some of his teammates.

According AfricanFootball.com Emenike said that he would quit the national team if the coach is no longer happy with him.

"I have always treated Keshi like a father, and he has always lived in my heart to be a good father. Before now, we have been enjoying a smooth relationship and I see no reason why he should be holding grudges against me,” he said.

“Keshi is a good coach, a coach with high pedigree. I give him all the respect I can give my father whenever I come for a national assignment.

"Before the 2013 Nations Cup, I could remember he called me to have a chat and I was ready to give him my best.

“My performance at the competition was inspired by Keshi. He showed me love, he put me through and I always respected his decisions. I never thought that I am bigger than any coaches."

He equally said that he noticed changes in his relationship with Keshi after the Nations Cup last year,where he emerged as the top scorer of the competition.

"Everything changed after the Nations Cup, everything about him towards me changed and I decided to stay on my own,” he added.

“But I am very surprised by what he said that he and some players in the Eagles are not happy with me. Over what?

"I don't want Nigerians to see me as being proud or arrogant, but if the coach thought inviting me to his team will not bring result or peace to the team, he can let me be.

“I have maintained a solid relationship to avoid quarreling with him, but if my invitation to play for Nigeria does not stand for peace, I will like to stay focused with my club."

"If Keshi thought inviting me is a problem to his selection or the team, I will prefer to stay back and maintain my big respect for him.

Super Eagles vs Iran.gif

It would be a travesty of great injustice and ingratitude if the young man is mistreated this way and this case is mishandled again..... it's becoming a trend with SOK in his man Mgt. Skills.... Get it right... Handle this guy well he is a valuable asset to his country!!!

Back