Sports Ex internationals blasts Keshi: He is stubborn and can't manage success

Ex-internationals have blasted Stephen Keshi for Nigeria's disappointing loss to Sudan in Saturday's 2015 African Nations Cup qualifiers .

Nigeria lost their second game in the qualification series,now bottom of group A and in danger of not qualifying for the Nations Cup.

Some of Keshi's former teammates in the national team believes that he no longer has anything to offer the team and should be cut loose.

Felix Owolabi said that Nigeria lost the game to Sudan because of Keshi's stubbornness,adding that he does not know how to manage success.

“Keshi does not know how to manage success, he is stubborn and he has managed to side-line players that could have helped us,” Owolabi said.

“The result of Saturday’s match has shown that we may not qualify; it’s sad and embarrassing.

“We were bragging about how we were going to defeat Sudan but Sudan had perfected our downfall. Our defence and midfield were in shambles,’’ Owolabi told the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN)

Another former Super Eagles player,Garba Lawal said that the loss was not expected.

"I didn’t have time to watch the match but the last thing I expected was Sudan beating Nigeria. That was an unacceptable result,” Lawal told The Punch.

“But I’m not in the position to advise the NFF on Keshi’s job; the NFF knows what needs to be done to make the team better.

“It is difficult to say for sure what the outcome of the next three matches would be. It is, however, important for the NFF and the technical crew to correct the errors in the team before the return leg on Wednesday.”

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_pic_14super_eagles_coach_parley_with_sports_writers_in_abuja.jpg

Back