Politics Ex PDP National Chairman Denies Membership of Abia Gov. Screening Committee

L

LequteMan

_47721459_vincentogbulafor-chairman.jpg

A former National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Vincent Ogbulafor, has denied being a member and chairman of the purported Abia 2015 Governorship Screening Committee.

This is contained in a statement signed by the former PDP National Chairman and Board of Trustee member in Abuja on Friday.

The statement described as malicious, the unverified report which alleged that he was the chairman of the committee constituted by Gov. Theodore Orji of Abia to screen governorship aspirant.

According to the statement, the report is a calculated attempt to defame the former PDP National Chairman before all democrats and right thinking members of the public.

``I am not aware of any screening panel constituted by Gov. Theodore Orji of Abia to screen governorship aspirants in the state to succeed him in 2015.

``As a former national chairman and secretary of the PDP, I am an apostle of true democratic principles. I preach, believe strongly and practice the principles of internal democracy throughout my tenure.

``I am a firm advocate of level playing field for all aspirants to develop the country’s democracy.

``Therefore, as an elder statesman, it will be unthinkable that a man of my status will chair an undemocratic committee,’’ the statement quoted Ogbulafor as saying.

According to the statement, such committee is capable of polarising the state PDP and undermining democratic principles.

It debunked that reports that he was sacked as PDP National Chairman, adding that he only resigned from office.

The statement appealed to the media, who had been in the vanguard of building a virile democracy for the country, to exercise caution and to adhere to professional ethics always.

Back