Fabregas dashes United’s hopes,wants to remain at Barcelona

• Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Manchester United target,Cesc Fabregas,has put an end to speculation surrounding his future and committed himself to Barcelona.
David Moyes’ side made the former Arsenal skipper their number one target this summer,lodging two bids,but Barcelona insisted the player was not for sale.
Speaking on Thursday at a press conference in Kuala Lumpur,during Barcelona’s pre-season tour of Asia ,the 26-year old midfielder insisted that he wants to stay at the club.
“My dream has always been to play at Barça and nothing has changed,” Fabregas said. “I’m very, very happy here and I never thought about leaving.”
“I never had any doubt. It has cost me a lot to return to Barça and now I want to triumph here,”Fabregas added.
He also denied speculation that he has had a dispute with Barcelona over a contract renewal.
“I didn’t have to clear up anything, because for me it was clear I wanted to stay. I told the club I’d talk when it was my turn,” he said.
“I’ve always felt valued by the club. Everyone told me they count on me, I never got any sign that made me think otherwise.”
So what next for David Moyes,will he now turn to former club,Everton,to raid it of their midfielder,Maroune Fellaini?
“Things have been invented. It’s also not true that I have asked for a contract renewal.

Continue reading...

Back