Politics Falana Speaks On Sale of National Assets

P

ProfRem

Foremost Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana has described the call for the sale of National assets as illegal and against the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Falana said this in his latest article titled: “Sale Of National Assets Is Illegal”, citing contitutional and historical references.

Recall that Senate President, Business magnate, Aliko Aliyu Dangote including the Central bank Governor have called for the sales of Nation's assets to revive the ailing economy.

But Mr. Falana in the article said: “The sale of national assets is in total conflict with section 16 of the Constitution, which has prohibited the concentration of the nation's wealth in the hands of a few people or a group.

“It is pertinent to point out that the suggestion is in total conflict with section 16 of the Constitution which has prohibited the concentration of the nation's wealth in the hands of a few people or a group".

falana1.JPG

“Indeed, by section 44 of the Constitution the nation's natural resources shall be held in trust for the Nigerian people by the federal government. One would have expected senators who swore to protect the Constitution to kick against the suggestion to sell the assets of the nation to a few people.

“But for selfish considerations a few legislators who may be queuing up to participate in the purchase of the nation's assets are not prepared to defend the Constitution.

“If the Senate is genuinely desirous to contribute meaningfully to the debate on the economy it should, as a matter of urgency, propose a substantial reduction in the jumbo emoluments of federal legislators which are said to be the highest in the world”, Mr. Falana said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moi, I am against the sale of the national assets to the same people that have brought the country to its knees over the past 50 years.

Moi, I am against the sale of the national assets to the same people that have brought the country to its knees over the past 50 years.
You are very correct. Some people just don't care, some are blinded by thier money making capitalist instincts.
In the Republic of Dangote there will be no democracy. Let's sound that warning.

The call for the sales of National Assets by Dangote and seconded by senate president saraki is a plan ideology, which simply means Nigeria will be in a cage. I know the same man that called for the sales will also be the one to buy them, Nigeria can't be under Dangote rather he will be under Nigeria. Dangote doesn't mean well for Nigerians, i totally disagree with that ideology rather i support Jumbo pay and governance expenses should be slashed down to the barest minimum.

Back