Politics Fani-Kayode, Dino Melaye Praise Jonathan for Firing Oduah, Others

L

LequteMan

A group, Anti-Corruption Network, ACN, which in 2012 accused the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe, of corruption and abuse of office, says it has been vindicated over the allegation.

The group said it would press ahead with criminal proceedings against the former minister and his former counterpart in the Aviation ministry, Stella Oduah.

In a statement, the ACN Executive Secretary, Dino Melaye, said his group had been vindicated on the allegation that the Mr. Orubebe accepted as gratification a palatial mansion on the property allocated to him in Abuja contrary to Section 12 of the Act establishing the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC.

“Now that they have been sacked, we will institute criminal charges against Orubebe and Oduah. The voice of the people is the voice of God. We encourage Nigerians to continue to protest vehemently against mal-administration, ineptitude and corruption. For me it is a no retreat, no surrender. No amount of arrest, intimidation, blackmail or name calling will detract my attention from fighting all forms of injustices.”

Also reacting to the sack of the ministers, a former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, in a statement lauded President Jonathan for finding courage to fire Mrs. Oduah and his Chief of Staff, Mike Ogiadomhe.

“I commend President Goodluck Jonathan for finding courage to sack Stella Oduah and Mike Ogiadomhe. This is a right step in the right direction,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said.

Attachments

• fani kayode.jpg
    fani kayode.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 7
Back