Politics Fashola,Kwankwaso Condemn Sanusi's Suspension

A

abujagirl

Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano State and Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos have condemned President Goodluck Jonathan’s suspension of the Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Mallam Sanusi Lamido.

According to DAILY POST, Kwankwaso stated that the suspension was a grand design to dislodge Kanawa from the economic and financial decision-making agencies of the Federal government in order to further impoverish and marginalize the state. He said Sanusi should rather be commended for exposing the rot and corruption in the NNPC.

Describing the suspension as illegal, null and void,Kwankwaso said "the law does not give the President the power to suspend the CBN Governor without recourse to the Senate. You cannot just trample on the law with impunity, without recourse to constitutional provisions.

Meanwhile, speaking to PM News, Fashola said, there was no basis of suspending a man that would have retired in June.

"If the man is going in June, there must be a sense in the messaging about executive tampering with the independence of Central Bank of Nigeria. This has economic consequence for investor position. This isn’t a suspension but sack. This is because there was no power to sack him. And they have considered the implication. That was why they said that he should go on suspension",Fashola lamented.

"For me really, if someone in my government tells me that some money is missing and without concluding any investigation, they suspended the person who blew the whistle. It is when the audit is concluded that they can now decide what to do to the man. But now, before the completion of the audit, they have sacked the man who alerted the head of the government that money is missing. So what message is the presidency sending out to Nigerians on corruption and others who may want to reveal any atrocity committee in the country?.

"The message the presidency is sending out is that Nigerians should keep quiet whenever they see any corruption perpetrated in the country. That is not a good sign for the country",Fashola added.

sanusi removed.jpg

Back