Politics Fayose Dares Fayemi To Contest Ekiti Governorship Election In 2018

A

abujagirl

Ayo Fayose, Governor of Ekiti State has dared his predecessor, Kayode Fayemi to contest the 2018 governorship election in the state instead of trying to upturn his 2015 supreme court victory.

Fayose4.jpg

Addressing journalists in Ekiti on Monday, Fayose said Fayemi has been boasting that the Supreme Court would review its 2015 judgment which validated his election.

“This was an election that was adjudged free, fair, and credible by both local and international observers, including the United States government. These renewed efforts are consequent upon the brick-walls he (Fayemi) has met on his plan to contest the 2018 governorship election as APC candidate.

“Having realised how difficult it will be for him to clinch APC ticket not to even talk of winning the election proper, Fayemi has opted to seek power through the backdoor, claiming that he already has the backing of three newly appointed justices of the Supreme Court, the DSS and other top organs of the Federal Government to force the Supreme Court to review its judgment on the Ekiti State 2014 governorship election.

“Fayemi and his cohorts are even boasting that they are only putting pressure on the new Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen to join them in the devilish plot.”

“They failed before, they will fail again. The harder they come against me, the harder they will fall. Another governorship election in Ekiti is around the corner and if Fayemi is a democrat, he should prepare to contest in that election rather than continue to shop for “Oluwole” and “Jankara” judgment that will return him to office through the back door.

“The power of the people is mightier than “Federal might” If they dare Ekiti, they will meet their nemesis. If they do not retreat and put an end to their diabolical plots, Ekiti will be their Waterloo.

“I have an unflinching confidence that the Supreme Court will not debase itself. On the 2014 Ekiti governorship election, the apex court has spoken and it has spoken so clearly. Day-dreamers like Fayemi can continue to hallucinate. As for me and the Ekiti people, our focus is on the 2018 governorship election. By God’s grace and the solid support and backing of Ekiti people, we will again give Fayemi and his political camp 16 – 0.”

Back