Business Fayose Decries Prolonged Blackout in Ekiti State

L

LequteMan

Gov. Ayo Fayose of Ekiti State yesterday lamented the protracted poor power supply to the state, saying it was militating against the economic and social growth of the state while visiting the Chairman of Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), Dr Sam Amadi in Abuja.

He appealed to the commission to liaise with Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) whose operations cover the state to help in restoring power supply to the state.

Fayose said that most parts of the state had been in blackout over the past 10 months.

``Ekiti has been in blackout since I came in as governor. All that I want is a solution to the blackout that has persisted in the state," he said.

According to him, some communities in the state have protested the continued blackout by destroying property and beating up workers of the electricity distribution company.

``Members of the communities have to block highways preventing people from going about their businesses but following my intervention they re-opened the roads," he said.

Fayose said that as soon as he got back to the state, he would redeem the pledge of N5 million he made to settle part of electricity bills owed by the communities.

``If we leave the matter hanging, it may portend danger because there have been protests by the communities in recent times," he said.

Responding, Amadi said that the blackout in parts of Ekiti state was as a result of hitches in the transmission process, adding that the commission was working out solutions to address the challenge

#Ekiti #NERC #Fayose

Fayose-ayodele1-610x250.jpg

Back