Politics Fayose Launches Fresh Attack on Buhari, Accuses EFCC of Being Corrupt

kemi

Social Member
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, on Wednesday, accused President Muhammadu Buhari of using an equally corrupt Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to stamp out corruption in Nigeria, insisting that the President must start the corruption fight from his party and immediate aides since charity begins from home.

fayose.jpg

Governor Fayose said: “EFCC opinions remain their opinions and if they are so sure of whatever information they have, they should go to court and stop subjecting Nigerians to media trial and that no amount of media trial from the same elements that orchestrated my removal in 2006 can erode my popularity among Ekiti people.”

He said any property that may be linked to him or his company was bought legitimately and his properties were duly declared in his assets declaration form and sources of such funds were not illicit.

In a release issued by the Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose maintained that his election was funded by Zenith Bank, as well as donations from friends and associates, adding that “As a promising candidate of my party, I cannot stop Nigerians from supporting my election like every other candidates of other political, including President Buhari.”

The governor also saved some words for the anti-graft commission, EFCC.

“The EFCC should be told in clear terms that this is 2016 and not 2006 when impeachment notices against governors were signed on the table of EFCC operatives. Those who are teleguiding the EFCC now should also be reminded that they did more than what they are doing now in 2006, yet I was overwhelmingly voted for by the Ekiti people eight years after the orchestrated impeachment which the Supreme Court declared illegal.”

The governor asked; “Should Nigerians now conclude that EFCC is an appendage of APC? Is the EFCC for investigation of corrupt practices among all Nigerians or members of opposition parties alone?”

He said further; “As at today, I have not been accused of stealing a dime from Ekiti treasury. EFCC has not also said that Ekiti money was stolen and that my election was funded with Ekiti State money.”

Accusing the EFCC of carrying out the APC agenda to force him out of office as was done in 2006, the governor said; “It is sad that some politicians from Ekiti State now resume and close in EFCC offices in Lagos and Abuja and we wonder whether those politicians have now taken over the job of EFCC.”

He maintained that he will continue to speak his mind on issues affecting Nigerians and can never be cowed.

Back