Politics Fayose Reacts to Being Snubbed for Buhari's London Visit

L

LequteMan

A couple of weeks ago, the presidency selected some PDP governors to visit President Muhammadu Buhari in the United Kingdom.

Ekiti state's governor, Ayodele Fayose, wasn't invited, as he is the one leading the opposition against the current administration.

In an interview published by The Punch, he said he's indifferent to being snubbed while other PDP governors were invited to London.

"I’m indifferent", he said. "Nigerians wanted me to be there. But I believe in the judgment of my colleagues".

"If Nigerians wanted me to be there but they (Buhari’s handlers) didn’t give me the access, what can I do? I have to move on and join them to wish the President well. What is important is Nigeria.

"When Senator (John) McCain was sick in the United States, he came out boldly to say he had a brain tumour. The health of the President is a public issue. It is the handlers that are causing the confusion.

"Like I said, I don’t want the President dead, but we want to know the true state of health of our president. For me, I’ll love to go there (the UK) to see (him). But if they say they are not giving me a passage, it is all well and good, as long as the President is hale and hearty. If he is not fit, let him resign.

Attachments

• ayodele fayose.jpg
    ayodele fayose.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 16
Back