Politics Femi Kuti Attacks Buhari's Praise Singers - ''We’re still praising stupidity''

A

abujagirl

Femi Kuti, son of late Afrobeat legend, Fela Kuti has lashed out at Nigerians for praising mediocrity.

femi kuti2.jpg

DAILY TRUST reports that speaking at the 8th edition of the symposium of The Fela Debates, Femi Kuti described the recently inaugurated railway by President Muhammed Buhari as ‘inferior’ and ‘archaic’.

He said, “When my father started speaking in 1971, 1972, I was between nine and 10,”

“See how time has gone and we’re not moving forward. We’re still moving backwards. And we’re still praising mediocracy, we’re still praising stupidity. And you know who is praising it? The elite encouraging it who are supposed to be educating their people would not tell their people that this is wrong. That’s why I used the example of the train. The elites go to America, go to Europe. They see the trains.”

“And the president, Muhammadu, you know the president has travelled all over the world. For him to even come and be launching that kind of railway line is an insult. Let us face the facts. And the elites, the Tinubus and everybody are praising him, that this is great job. What great job? We still cannot provide electricity for our people. This is electricity that we’ve been talking about since seventies. And we’re in 2016. So the Debates is here to keep on enlightening us so we don’t forget. The revolution is how to awaken the consciousness to understand that the revolution has already begun.”

Back