Politics FG Commences Mass Housing Constructions in 33 States

P

ProfRem

The Federal Government on Thursday announced that it had commenced the construction of mass housing projects in 33 states across the country . It also called for an upward review of up to 50 per cent as mobilisation funds for contractors, especially emerging contractors operating in the built environment , in order to enable them to deliver their projects satisfactorily.

The Minister of Power , Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola , who disclosed this at the sixth meeting of the National Council on Lands, Housing and Urban Development, told delegates at the event that with ongoing housing projects , the government had fulfilled the commitment it made at the 2016 council meeting by 90 per cent.

fashola Ng.JPG

Commenting on the progress report on the National Housing Programme , which was discussed at last year’ s meeting, Fashola said , “ At the time of the council meeting in August 2016, I reported that we were finalising designs to accommodate our cultural , climatic and other diversities .

“I had explained that when the designs were completed, we would commence construction to pilot the designs and test them for affordability and acceptability . I am pleased to report that construction has started in 33 states where land has been made available. ”

He added, “This is in fulfilment of another commitment made at last year’s council by at least 90 per cent.”

Back