Politics 'FG is Tackling Boko Haram, Govt Proud of Security Agencies'- VP Sambo

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's Vice President, Namadi Sambo has assured the Nigerian community in Tanzania that the Federal Government has intensified efforts to check the activities of the Boko Haram sect.

A statement issued in Abuja on Sunday by Malam Umar Sani, the vice president’s Senior Special Assistant on Media, said such efforts had started yielding positive results.

Sambo gave the assurance during an audience with members of the Nigerian community in Dar es Salam, Tanzania.

The statement stated that Sambo noted with satisfaction the concerted efforts of the security agencies in the fight against the terror group in the North East zone of the country.

‎The vice president, according to the statement, said government was particularly proud of the security agencies' commitment to ending insurgency in the country. He said the Federal Government was doing everything possible, including cooperating with neighboring countries, to check the insurgents.

"I want to seize this opportunity to inform you that the Federal Government is doing everything to ensure that the Boko Haram menace is addressed in Nigeria and we are getting positive results. I must say that we are very proud of our security agencies. They have been doing very well and this issue, by God's grace, will be a thing of the past very soon.

"I want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to end this; we are co-operating with our neighbouring countries to bring this to an end soon,’’ the statement further quoted the vice president as saying.

Sambo, who commended the good reports on Nigerians living in Tanzania, urged them to re-dedicate themselves in the true Nigerian spirit to contribute immensely to the growth of the economy of their host country.

Sambo was in Tanzania as representative of President Goodluck Jonathan at the golden jubilee celebration of the union between Tanganyika and Zanzibar‎ on April 26, 1964.

namadi sambo1.jpg

Back