Sports FIFA President Congratulates Enyimba For Winning 7th NPFL Title

FIFA Interim president, Issa Hayatou, has congratulated the Nigerian Professional Football League side, Enyimba for winning the 2014/2015 Glo Premier League title.

The message was contained in a letter from the world football governing body to the Nigeria Football Federation and signed by Hayatou.

"It gives me great pleasure to send my heartfelt congratulations to Enyimba and their indomitable team on this great achievement," the letter read.

"This title is the result of the determination of everyone involved and my congratulations go to the players, the coach, the entire technical and medical staff, and the fans.

"On behalf of the entire football family, I would like to thank Enyimba for helping to spread the positive message of football."

Reacting to the congratulatory message, Enyimba chairman Felix Anyansi Agwu thanked FIFA for recognizing the achievement of the club and reassured the football body that Enyimba will continue to pursue the values of fair play and sportsmanship.

Enyimba emerged champions of Nigeria for a record seventh time with 70 points after a phenomenal season that saw the team suffer only 6 defeats, keep 19 clean sheets and win 19 games, 5 of those away from home.

The club will represent Nigeria in next year's CAF Champions League.

cup1.jpg

Back