Politics Final Decision on Release of Chibok Girls Falls on President Jonathan -Fashola

A

abujagirl

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state has said that the final decision on the release of the abducted Chibok school girls lies on President Goodluck Jonathan.

According to VANGUARD, speaking at the political debate tagged: “Fixing Nigeria: The nuts and bolts” organised by the Kukah Centre, Fashola said, "As far as sincerity about Chibok is concerned, honestly, let me just say that the problem that Chibok symbolises has assumed a dimension that is ordinarily outside the authority and control of government.

Adding that on national security, he did not have the briefing that the president has, Fashola said, "That is why I have always said that the easiest thing to do is to criticise. Do you have the facts that are at his disposal because it is only then that we can have a very serious disagreement that on this set of facts this should be my own choice.

"It is now a matter of insurgency and therefore the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Armed Forces have only one Commander-in-Chief and that is Mr. President. The buck stops on his desk on this matter and it cannot be an easy decision.

"The most I am willing to say, I can’t measure sincerity. I know it is a tough call now. The Chibok parents, who are grieving, want their children back. There are many options on the table, but I don’t also think they are expecting body bags of their children.

"It is a difficult place to be. But of course I have always said, issues of this nature may provoke a debate about the methods, and by the clarity of the choices that are being made, about the judgment calls that are also being made.

#Fashola #Lagos #Chibok #Vanguard

fashola.jpg

Back