Politics Former Education Minister Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i is Going Back to School

L

LequteMan

Prof.-Rufai.jpg

Former education minister Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i was one of the nine ministers who were dismissed by President Goodluck Jonathan in a cabinet reshuffle on Wednesday.

After handing over the affairs of the education ministry to the Minister of State in the ministry, Chief Nyesom Wike, as directed by the president, Rufa’i told news men that she would be going back to continue with her job as a teacher.

She was a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University, Kano before her appointment as a minister.

“I am going back to resume my job as a professor of Curriculum Studies at the Bayero University Kano, that is where I came from.

She expressed gratitude to the President for the opportunity given her to serve as a cabinet minister.

“I have enjoyed a close working relationship with the President.

“Of course, there were times we had our disagreements, but overall we enjoyed working together.”

PM News said she also thanked Wike and other officials of the ministry for the support she enjoyed during her tenure in the ministry and tasked them not to relent in achieving the sector’s goal of Access and Quality.

Now that she has stepped down from the clouds, it's time to join ASUU's fight against the government she just left .

Ironically serving as minister of education.

The gods must really enjoy watching mortals from beyond

I think one of the main reason for her sack was the inability to sort out the ASUU imbroglio that has been on for about three months now. The President may not want to say this. Now that she said she is going back to the class, let us see how she is going to fair. Lesson: Never forget where you came from!!

I think one of the main reason for her sack was the inability to sort out the ASUU imbroglio that has been on for about three months now. The President may not want to say this. Now that she said she is going back to the class, let us see how she is going to fair. Lesson: Never forget where you came from!!
Agreed with the bolded. A lot of people wanted her out of that position 'cos she has been found wanting in diff. areas.
She'll know how it feels like to be in a lecturer's shoes now, d lazy silly nanny goat.

Back