Politics Former EFCC Boss Waziri Denies Claims that She Tried to Bribe OBJ, Threatens Legal Suit

A

abujagirl

A letter obtained by elombah.com alleges that Mrs Farida Waziri, former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes commission(EFCC) tried to bribe Chief Olusegun Obasanjo to retain her job , but he refused her offer.

upload_2013-9-15_12-50-27.png

The former EFCC boss accused Mr. Obasanjo of manipulating the EFCC under Nuhu Ribadu to hunt political opponents in Mr. Obasanjo’s effort to secure a third term in office.

Obasanjo said Mrs. Waziri, a retired police officer, who took over as chairperson of EFCC after the removal of Mr. Ribadu, did so much to reverse Mr. Ribadu’s achievements in the war against corruption.

“I know that the woman they brought in to replace Ribadu (Farida Waziri) was not the right person for that job, because I understood that one of those who head-hunted her was James Ibori,” Mr. Obasanjo had told the press.

However,Waziri has disowned the letter she purportedly wrote asking former President Olusegun Obasanjo to intervene to allow her secure a second term.

According to Osun Defenders, Mrs Waziri said the letter was “total forgery” and threatened legal action against those responsible for the forgery.

“The letter is a total forgery. I had no such contact or communication with former President Obasanjo,” she told PREMIUM TIMES. “I might consider legal action against them because what they have done is criminal".

Waziri has accused an unnamed “corrupt US-based lawyer and a UK-based blogger” of colluding to forge the letter and circulating it on the Internet.

Back