Politics Former Health Minister, Prof. Nwosu, Predicts Death of Nigeria

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former Health Minister, Prof. A. B. C. Nwosu, has scolded President Muhammadu Buhari for turning a deaf ear to calls for Nigeria's restructuring.

Speaking at a book presentation on Saturday, ex President Olusegun Obasanjo's former political adviser said Nigeria will cease to exist if it isn't restructured.

“This country will either live if restructured or die, if it is not restructured. Let me repeat it, this country will die if it doesn’t restructure; this country will live if it restructures.

“If there is a problem in the North-East, it is the Federal Government, in the Niger Delta, it is the Federal Government, in Anambra State, it is the Federal Government. That is not the country our founding fathers envisaged.

“I am a Catholic, but Cardinal John Onaiyekan (Catholic Archbishop of Abuja) doesn’t determine Holy Trinity here; let alone the one in Gwagwalada, not to talk of my town, Nnewi.

“Why does the Federal Government want to be in charge of everything? The Federal Government will collect the money for everything, collect the powers for everything and that is why we have wastage.

“You have a permanent secretary and he has so many billions of dollars and millions of naira.

“It is not right, if you devolve this money or responsibilities from the centre to the government nearer to the people, they will know where the pothole is and patch it up.”

Attachments

• ABC-Nwosu.jpg
    ABC-Nwosu.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 17
Nigeria will not die! is it because you are not within the corridor of POWER again? You can take it to the bank, Nigeria will not die.

I think that the Prof is correct. He is not calling to divide Nigeria. Even the British government that is a proponent of federal govt had restructured their own country and even had referendum on BrixEixt last June so while can't Nigeria do same?

Back