Politics Former Kwara Governor ‘Bukola Saraki‘to Sue Police for Withdrawing Security

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-9_8-34-25.png

Bukola Saraki, Former Kwara state governor, on Sunday threatened that he would be compelled to seek legal redressed for having been stripped of police protection as allegedly directed by the Presidency.

According to DAILY POSTS, Saraki’s police guards at various locations were withdrawn on Saturday ahead of his appearance before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission(EFCC), to defend his role regarding the collapse of Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria.

Saraki told newsmen that he was entitled to large police security as provided by the Kwara state law and as a former governor.

In an earlier statement released by his office, Saraki said he had been exposed to danger by the decision.

He said” “We will seek legal redress to make sure the police do not break the law, to make sure they stick to the law”.

“In view of this new development, it is evidently clear to us that this cannot be unconnected with the recent political activities going on in the country. No doubt, recent events in the nation have been taking strange and tragic dimensions but we have to look beyond our individual interests and let the weight of making Nigeria great dominate our minds as leaders and citizens as Nigeria is bigger than an individual”.

“We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki. We hereby call on good citizens of Nigeria to hold the Federal Government responsible for any eventuality considering the fact that there are illegal arms going round the country without being properly checked”.

Saraki is one of those behind the new Peoples Democratic Party(New PDP), and sources claim the withdrawal of police protection from the former governor was not unconnected to his agitation against the president and the Tukur’s led PDP leadership.

I understand that by law He is entitled to some security, but why He is freaking out so much is amusing.

This is what happens when your hands are not clean - you begin to fear the masses.

I understand that by law He is entitled to some security, but why He is freaking out so much is amusing.

This is what happens when your hands are not clean - you begin to fear the masses.
Political assassins, don't check the hands before they strike. Everybody Should freak out about something like that, especially with all the drama unfolding

Political assassins, don't check the hands before they strike. Everybody Should freak out about something like that, especially with all the drama unfolding
I understand your point, situation on ground is heated. Like I said, by law He is entitled to security but it still boils down to the fact that his choice of actions is the fueling power for his fear.

I understand your point, situation on ground is heated. Like I said, by law He is entitled to security but it still boils down to the fact that his choice of actions is the fueling power for his fear.
So you want him to throw the fight and make his enemies happy?, Hell No, you keep fighting whilst Screaming "they are after my life"

I have one question, naturally. I never have too much questions. This news item confused me.

I am going to quote a large section of the news item thus "
He said” “We will seek legal redress to make sure the police do not break the law, to make sure they stick to the law”.

“In view of this new development, it is evidently clear to us that this cannot be unconnected with the recent political activities going on in the country. No doubt, recent events in the nation have been taking strange and tragic dimensions but we have to look beyond our individual interests and let the weight of making Nigeria great dominate our minds as leaders and citizens as Nigeria is bigger than an individual”.

“We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki. We hereby call on good citizens of Nigeria to hold the Federal Government responsible for any eventuality considering the fact that there are illegal arms going round the country without being properly checked”.

Unless I am wrong - and I am rarely wrong - I think the above quotes is attributable to two people. It appears, however, as though the whole statement has been attributed to Saraki. I do not think Saraki would say something like, "We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki."

My question then - for the sake of my peace of mind and understanding of this news piece - is: who made the other statements? Thanks. This is directed at the original poster.

I have one question, naturally. I never have too much questions. This news item confused me.

I am going to quote a large section of the news item thus "

Unless I am wrong - and I am rarely wrong - I think the above quotes is attributable to two people. It appears, however, as though the whole statement has been attributed to Saraki. I do not think Saraki would say something like, "We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki."

My question then - for the sake of my peace of mind and understanding of this news piece - is: who made the other statements? Thanks. This is directed at the original poster.

I'm sorry @The_HeadCase , you'll have to take your questions to Bukola Saraki. I bet you noticed the quotation marks(i know you rarely miss anything), those words were taken directly out of context. Saraki was probably speaking for himself and his team.

So I took the liberty then to visit Osun Defenders myself, and oh look what I found - "In an earlier statement released by his office..."

Now you see why Saraki was referred to not in pronoun, because the statement - while attributed to Saraki - was coming "from his office."

Something like a, "From the Office of Bukola Saraki: We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki."

Looks like you did miss something after all, jules.

So I took the liberty then to visit Osun Defenders myself, and oh look what I found - "In an earlier statement released by his office..."

Now you see why Saraki was referred to not in pronoun, because the statement - while attributed to Saraki - was coming "from his office."

Something like a, "From the Office of Bukola Saraki: We wish to state that the recent move by the Nigerian police authorities will definitely endanger the life of Senator Bukola Saraki."

Looks like you did miss something after all, jules.

You win round one...I'm gracious enough to admit that. Happy now?

LOL. Was it an argument? I was merely making an observation in your news report. It had me decidedly confused, and I couldn't have that.

Back