Business Former NIMASA boss takes blame for failure of CVFF - Vanguard

curator

Administrator
THE immediate past Director General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety (NIMASA) Barrister Temisan Omatseye has taken responsibility for the failure of the Cabotage Vessel Financing Fund (CVFF).

Speaking at the recently concluded House of Representative Ad-hoc Committee on the investigation of the CVFF, Omatseye said that he was a party to the drawing up of the guidelines which according to him “is totally flawed”.

He stated that it was during his tenure that the process of identifying and engaging Primary Lending Institutions (PILs) was done adding that the mistakes of the past is now hunting the Fund.

“As CEO, I do take responsibility for the document and cannot make excuses for it though as I write this paper and with the benefit of hindsight I do find the document to be totally flawed.

“As the CEO of an agency like NIMASA faced with over 29 functions and duties, it is easy for one not to pay as much attention to certain areas as it is not humanly possible to do everything and therefore, it was necessary to delegate most especially with the issues as it relates to the selection of the PLIs being that the organo-gram or structure of the Agency allows for there to be an Executive Director whose functions is to deal with all that relates to Cabotage and an Executive Director Finance who should in all ways assist the Executive Director Cabotage on issues relating to Financial transaction .

Vanguard Newspaper :

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/former-nimasa-boss-takes-blame-failure-cvff/#sthash.6xAA5KZP.dpuf

temi-1.jpg

Back