Metro Former Police Officer Docked for Spreading Rumour

A

abujagirl

The Nigerian Police force on Friday arraigned three former policemen, Mr Ijai Dahiru, Suleiman Daminna and Musa Saleh in a Wuse Zone 2 Senior Magistrates’ Court for giving false information.

The accused who were all corporals from the Rivers State Police Command had allegedly sent out false information that the Inspector-General of Police was planning to demobilize the Mobile Police Force to conventional police in letters at three different times - April, May and July to the Nigeria Mobile Police Force.

According to Police prosecutor, DSP Collage Bob investigations by the Force Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) revealed that the accused persons actually committed the act and that such information was discovered not to be true.

The accused are been charged with criminal conspiracy and forgery, if found guilty they are liable to 14 years for the first section and six months for the second section in prison or with an option of fine or both.

The accused, all pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Senior Magistrate, Mr Usman Shuaibu admitted them to bail in the sum of N300, 000 each with a surety each. The case was adjourned to December 18. (NAN)

upload_2013-11-15_16-5-1.png

I feel 14years is way too much. If bail is N300,000 I wonder how much the fine will be.

I think they are just being made scapegoats for something much bigger.

It seems dumb that they would send letters unless they had their own motives. But then again, they could just be the unfortunate scapegoats Nigerians tend to need badly these days

Back