Politics Former Senate President,Wabara Calls Obasanjo a Coward

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's former senate President, Adolphus Wabara has described former President Olusegun Obasanjo of cowardice.

In an interview with NIGERIAN TRIBUNE, when speaking on Obasanjo's third term bid, Wabara said, "I will give it to Obasanjo and I thank him for making me this important in the polity of Nigeria".

"I wasn’t a military man but with due respect, I see Obasanjo as a coward. He never one day approached me on an issue. He would always go through my brother to get to me. Even when there were issues on ground, he would never come straight to me but he will go through my brother.

"I can remember several thorny issues that he would not come straight. Maybe because I wasn’t close to him. But I made sure I served the country and protected him as well. There were so many bills he brought in there and I’m happy, if you checked through your records, there were so many bills that were brought in to the National Assembly and he was happy the way the bills came back better than he brought them in. So, if I were a rubber stamp Senate President, I would just rubber stamp anything he brought and return it. But then we tinkered those things and he was appreciative. That’s why I like his objectivity.

Speaking on his speech that nipped Obasanjo's third term bid, Wabara said, "If I was representing myself in the Senate, maybe I would have voted for his third term bid. But I was representing a people and I only voiced their opinion. As I said, if you remember, my home is my last bus stop and that’s where I will be buried. If I didn’t do what my people wanted, even my corpse when I die can even be rejected back home. So, it was not a payback time for Obasanjo at all. He was not even in my reckoning. But I was more or less expressing the feelings and the wishes of my people".

Click here to read more

SOURCE: #NigerianTribune

#Wabara #Obasanjo

wabara.jpg

Back