Formula one: Lewis Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix

C

Chris Maduewesi

Lewis Hamilton on Sunday won his first Grand Prix win,as a Mercedes driver at the Hungarian circuit.
The British driver dominated the entire race to win ahead of Lotus’s Kimi Raikkonen who trailed in second position,while defending champion and current leader on the log,Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel finished third.
Hamilton took pole position on Saturday,but wasn’t overly confident that he would win,adding that ‘it would be a miracle’ if he did,but contrary to his permutations,he did,only relinquishing his lead twice to Romain Grosjean and Webber after making his first pit stop.
“We really had no idea we could do that well,”Hamilton told BBC Sport. “The last 20 laps I was just managing my tyres and cruising.
“I think you can say I was hungry for it today,” he added.
Red Bull’s Webber took fourth position,despite starting 10th on the grid,while former champion,Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso,placed fifth,with speculation linking him with Red Bull.
Vettel still leads the championship by 38 points,ahead of closest rival Raikkonen in second,and just a point above Alonso in third.

Continue reading...

Back