Sports Free Samson Siasia's Mother; NFF President Begs Abductors

The Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick has described the kidnap of the mother of Nigeria's U23 national team coach, Samson Siasia as disturbing, saying the news will distract the attention of the former Super Eagles midfielder from the task at hand.

sias.jpg
The Dream Team VI are currently in Gambia for their training camp ahead of the Africa's U23 championship, to decide which teams will qualify for the next year's Olympics in Rio.

Pinnick, appealed passionately to kidnappers, to release the 72 –year old innocent woman.

On learning of the unfortunate incident on Tuesday morning, NFF President Amaju Pinnick was downcast. “This is quite disturbing. We are just preparing for a crucial 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying match, and the U-23 boys are already in The Gambia for a pre-Cup of Nations training camp. Why this?

“All we can do is to appeal to the kidnappers to free Samson Siasia’s aged mother. Samson is on a critical national assignment presently and the last he needs is this kind of distraction.”

The 72 –year old Mrs Ogere Siasia, according to Samson, was abducted in the village of Odoni, Bayelsa State by three men on motorbike. A distressed Siasia said his mother happened to be the only one at home in his village taking care of his father who is visually impaired.

Siasia said: "Right now I am confused, from the story I got, three men on motorbike stormed my parents house in my village Odoni in Bayelsa State, shot sporadically into the air before taking my old mother away on a bike.

“What do they expect from me? I don't have money, I am right now on national duty, and need all the time to concentrate on this very important national task, so I beg them to please release my mother so that I can concentrate on this task of qualifying the U-23 National Team for the men’s football event of the Rio Olympics."

Coach Siasia confirmed that the incident has been reported to the police in Bayelsa State.

Back