Metro Fulani Herdsmen Attack: Enugu Governor Weeps, Declares 2 Days Fasting [See Photos]

P

ProfRem

Tears flowed Tuesday morning as Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State visited Ukpabi, Nimbo, in Uzo-Uwani local government area of the state.

The community was attack Monday morning, leading to the reported death of 21 persons.

Ugwuanyi, who could not hold back tears, was in the company of Enugu State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Nwodibo Ekechukwu the GOC 82 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Ibrahim Attahiru, as well as the Enugu State Commandant, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC.

The Governor, thereafter, declared two days fasting and prayer in the State, asking residents to commit the situation into God’s hand.
“It calls for sober reflection; this is a trying period, not just for this community but for all of us.

enuguGov.jpg

“On Sunday, we were in the church for Nigeria Prays, with General Yakubu Gowon; I got a call from the council chairman and immediately, I summoned a security council meeting; prior to that we had met with the Fulani leaders, and it was indeed yesterday that we would have inaugurated a joint committee of the Fulani and the Enugu government.

“Be that as it may, what has happened, has happened; this is not the to blame any body; government will do what it is supposed to do; I understand that economic activities have been shut down here, we will as a government make available the sum of N5m to the leaders of this community and then from there proceed to the hospital, settle all the bills and then later we go to the next line of action” the governor said.

enuguG.jpg

enugugv.jpg

Read More: DailyPost

Back