Politics Gboyega Aribisogan : Suspended Ekiti Lawmaker Defies State Assembly

A

abujagirl

Gboyega Aribisogan, a member of the Ekiti State Assembly who was suspended for 180 legislative days has refused to stay suspended.

Gboyega Aribisogan.jpg

DAILY POST reports that on Thursday, Aribisogan stormed the complex to resume duties but the Assembly which got wind of his plan to resume refused to hold plenary to prevent the representative of Ikole Constituency 1 from coming back to the chamber.

Aribisogan then headed for the Office of the Clerk, Tola Esan, where he submitted a letter conveying the decision of his constituency that he should resume his legislative duties.

Speaking with lawmakers Aribisogan said: “I have resumed at the Assembly and i want to say without any fear of contradiction that they have no right to suspend me for 180 days. The Standing Rules say they have no right to suspend me for more than 14 legislative days.

“Having consulted with my constituency, they went through the Standing Rules and the Constitution and they discovered that the House was wrong to have suspended me for 180 legislative days.

“There is no way they can prevent me from coming to the chamber; I am loyal to my constituents and I am loyal to the Constitution. Their failure to sit today cannot prevent me from performing my legislative functions.

Back