Politics Ghana Elections: Saraki Congratulates Akufo-Addo, Hails Mahama

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has congratulated Ghana's President-elect Nana Akufo-Addo, on his recent victory at the polls.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, Saraki also lauded both the outgoing President, and the people of Ghana for a successful electoral process.

By conceding victory, President John Dramani Mahama, demonstrated that democracy in Africa has come of age, he said.

"From what we experienced last year during Nigeria’s general elections by having an incumbent President concede — and what we have seen today in Ghana, we can all attest to the fact that there is a trend of political maturity emanating from West Africa.

“What we are celebrating today is a confirmation that Africa has truly matured in terms of democracy.

“The people of Ghana and their leaders have confirmed that elections can be free, fair, credible and non-violent.

“I commend and congratulate the President of Ghana, and the President-elect for their dignified conduct throughout this process. I wish them success throughout the transition period. I also want to reassure them that the Nigerian legislature will continue to remain their firm partners in development.”

Attachments

• saraki court2.jpg
    saraki court2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 20
Back