Politics Goodnews: Dora Akunyili Is Not Dead

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's former Minister of Information, Dora Akunyili, is still alive; this is contrary to rumors currently circulating via social media channels.

According to Premium Times, a statement issued by Akunyili's media aide Isaac Umunna, said "My attention has been drawn to the rumour circulating on social media claiming that immediate past Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, is dead. I have also received several enquiries in this regard".

"I spoke with Dora’s husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili, and her brother, Dr. Francis Anayo Edemobi, both of whom are with her in the hospital, and they both assured me that she is responding to treatment. The conversation took place from 2:20 this afternoon and lasted for some minutes".

"She is grateful to Nigerians for their prayers and remains confident that Almighty God will hear our prayers and grant her quick recovery. The public is advised to disregard any rumours or reports to the contrary. Those engaged in spreading this satanic rumour should desist. What Prof. Akunyili need at this time is not prophesies of doom or alarming false reports about her health condition but continued prayers and best wishes", the statement added.

Akunyili's health came to the fore front following her nomination as one of the delegates to the ongoing national conference.

dora sick.jpg

#DoraAkunyili #premiumtimes

Back