Politics Gov Amosun Sacks Ogun Labour Leaders for Criticizing Him in Public

L

LequteMan

Trouble is brewing in Ogun state following Governor Ibikunle Amosun's approval of the removal of the state Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Akeem Ambali, the NLC vice-chairman and the state Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, Dare Ilekoya.

This is coming eleven days after Ogun workers embarked on an indefinite strike.

Fourteen labour officials were also dismissed, along with 18 others, mostly teachers.

Their dismissal and suspension was part of the recommendations contained in a report of a panel of inquiry set up to investigate the alleged misconduct of the executive members of the NUT during the 2016 World Teachers Day celebration on October 5 in Abeokuta.

The NLC leader was accused of making “inflammable and scandalous remarks” against the state government, which the panel noted, could cause the breach of peace in the state.

Those dismissed were A.O. Oshin, Nola Balogun, Eniola Atiku, Solaru.O., Adebanjo T., Akinola A.S., Oyolola S.A., Obafemi O.B., Ogunsola Peter, Akinlade S.A., Christopher T.A., Ogunrombi A.A., Azeez K.I. and Taiwo A.O.

Those suspended were Odusanya S.A., Comrade Akapo, Adegbesan J.O., Adelami S. I., Obadara O., Ogunnuga O.A., Ayokambi T.A., Tijani A.A., Adegbesan J.O., Idowu A.O., Olaifa O.A., Bayo Lasore, Ahmodu S.A., Oludotun Oliyide, Tijani Y.A., Awode I.A., Dada O.A. and Adesanya Abiola.

The state government also directed the state's Local Government Service Commission, Universal Basic Education Board and the Teaching Service Commission to implement the recommendations with immediate effect.

However, the state NLC chairman said the action is an “executive recklessness and abuse of all statutory laws.”

He urged the workers “to remain resolute in the quest to have their legitimate right from an autocratic and deceitful government.”

Punch

Attachments

• ibikunle amosun.jpg
    ibikunle amosun.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
Back