Politics Gov. Obi Reacts to Gov. Elechi's Comments, Says National Dialogue is critical to nation building

L

LequteMan

Gov. Peter Obi of Anambra on Sunday reacted to Gov. Martin Elechi’s alleged comments on the futility of the National dialogue. While speaking with newsmen, he said that the proposed National Dialogue was critical to the country’s unity, as well as its peaceful and harmonious existence.

“Chief Martin Elechi is a father to us Governors in the South-East; I have not spoken with him on the comments credited to him.

“I cannot comment on what he said or did not say, until I speak with him to know the context in which he spoke.

“I believe honestly that the comments were sensationalised; he is a man of wisdom, who chooses his words before uttering them,” Obi said.

He said President Goodluck Jonathan should rather be commended for his courage and statesmanship for organising a National Dialogue.

According to Obi, communication gap is one of the factors that triggers crisis in the country.

“It is about time we told ourselves the truth; there are many things in the country that need clarification, definition and agreement.

“It is better we sort out those things through the meeting of minds, rather than the arbitrariness of strife and dissension,” Obi said.

He stressed the need for all to give total support to the initiative, saying that the time was ripe for Nigerians to chart a new course for enduring peace, stability and progress.

house of rep.jpg

Back