Politics Governor Dickson Orders Bayelsa Appointees To Declare Assets

P

ProfRem

The Governor of Bayelsa State, Mr. Seriake Dickson has ordered his appointees to declare their assets in line with the expectations of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

Dickson, who spoke while receiving his Certificate of Verification and Clearance from a Federal Commissioner in the CCB, Chief Stephen Bekefula, said his administration made the declaration of assets a state policy from inception in 2012.

The governor in a statement signed Friday by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Daniel Iworiso-Markson, said the restoration government remained fully compliant with the policies and objectives of the CCB.

dickson.jpeg

Dickson said the people should be properly sensitised on the importance of declaring their assets, particularly the government appointees and civil servants.

He said: “Since 2012, the government has made it a policy that before you are given an appointment, you must first declare your assets. It is nothing unusual as I have done it severally before I became governor.

“While I call on all appointees to be ready for it, next year, probity will be the watchword, as every appointee will declare their assets before and after office”.

Back