Politics Governor Lamido Rules out Presidential Ambition

A

abujagirl

images

Sule Lamido, Jigawa state governor, has denied reports that he is interested in contesting the 2015 presidential election.

The Governor made the declaration while receiving members of the new Peoples Democratic Party’s “Justice team” under the leadership of Abubakar Baraje, from the 34 local government areas of the state at the government House, Dutse.

“I have always said that PDP is the symbol of Nigerian politics. Members need to adhere to the manifesto of its founding fathers which is justice, fairness, equity, transparency and rule of and law”.

According to DAILY POST, He explained that he is not in the new party for the purpose of contesting the presidential position, adding that nothing will stop him from continuous crusade against injustice, and for the rule of law, as well as fairness for Nigerian masses.

“I am not bothered about sacking of ministers by president Jonathan, even if they use EFCC or other agency fighting corruption to arrest me after the end of my tenure on May 29, 2015, I will not be perturbed because I am used to going to jail,” he said.

Back