Politics Governor Okowa Apologizes to Delta Monarchs Who Walked Out on VP Osinbajo

A

abujagirl

Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state has apologized to Urhobo monarchs for an incident that occurred during Vice President Yemi Osinabajo's visit to the state.

ifeanyi okowa.jpg

READ: Why Delta Traditional Rulers Stormed Out of Meeting With VP Osinbajo

He tendered the apology during the celebration of the 100th birthday anniversary of HRM Ovie Richard Ogbon, the Ohworode of Olomu Kingdom in Ughelli south. The governor said: "I use this occasion to apologise once again to our traditional rulers for what happened during the visit of the vice president to our state, it was most unfortunate that it happened, no matter what, forgive the state and the nation.

“This is a day of joy in Delta state and in our country, Nigeria; I congratulate all of you for this special blessing which can only come from God - for a king who has a lot of burden to carry to live up to a hundred years is very rare to see.

“I believe that every day of your (the celebrant) life, you will continue to press on for the ultimate crown, you must work consistently to ensure that you get the crown of glory on the last day; you are a role model to a lot people, including me."

Back