Politics Governor Ortom Visits Aso Rock, Reports Fulani Herdsmen to Buhari

P

ProfRem

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State on Tuesday met with President Muhammadu Buhari to brief him on the alleged threat by the Fulani sociocultursl Association Miyatti Allah Kauta, (MAYTTI) over the anti-grazing law which is expected to take effect from next month.

"Miyetti Allah has taken us to court and we:re there with them. But I don't see how they'll come and over run Benue and make it ungovernable, it's not going to be accepted. We stand by what we've done, we've done our legitimate as government and citizens of the state. So, we don't see how somebody will sit somewhere and say we should not implement a law that has restored peace in our place.

ortom buhari.JPG

"I've directed the security men to arrest those people. I'm calling for the arrest of the leadership of Meyetti Allah to be prosecuted to serve as a deterrent. We've, for a long time, celebrated impunity in this country, we cannot continue like that.

"If they come out with this kind of threat, the evidence are there, they did a world press conference. What are the security agencies doing? These people must be penalised," he said.

The governor assured that the state government would give land to those interested in having ranches.

Back